Careers at Linley Welwood
Linley Welwood is always looking to add to its exceptional team of Lawyers, Paralegals and Legal Assistants. Our “open door” environment provides a healthy, positive and friendly atmosphere to work. We believe in work-life balance, and promote teamwork and excellence, always fully committed to providing the best solutions for our clients. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a tremendous opportunity for growth and career development.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Our busy Litigation department is looking for a highly motivated Legal Administration Assistant with experience in construction law. As the successful candidate you will be responsible for a variety of duties pertaining to the role and providing direct support to one Partner and Associates.
- Act as the first point of contact for client inquiries as well as maintaining client contact
- Scheduling Trial Dates, Mediation, etc.
- Arrange court filings and applications
- Track court dates and limitation dates
- Court document preparation
- Prepare and draft various correspondence and documents, including court pleadings
- Preparation of court applications, trial briefs
- Drafting and preparing correspondence
- Maintain efficient file management and BF system
- Maintain lawyer calendars
- Management of emails
- Understanding of BC civil litigation practices and procedures, with an emphasis on construction law
- Familiarity with BC Supreme Court Civil Rules
- 2+ years of experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Inexperienced candidates who have completed a Legal Assistant/Paralegal certificate or diploma may also be considered
- Must have strong client service skills
- Excellent attention to details and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task & prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Our firm provides competitive salary and benefits, positive and friendly atmosphere and a healthy-save working environment.
How to Apply
Please submit applications to email@example.com. Preference may be given to those applicants applying in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in our positions; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.