Careers at Linley Welwood
Linley Welwood is always looking to add to its exceptional team of Lawyers, Paralegals, and Legal Assistants. Our “open door” environment provides a healthy, positive, and enjoyable work environment for all team members. Each member of our office is responsible for an important role that is vital to our continued success. We believe in work-life balance, and promote teamwork and excellence, always fully committed to providing the best solutions for our clients. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a tremendous opportunity for growth and career development.
Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal
Our firm is looking for a full-time, highly motivated Legal Assistant, with a minimum of 2 years of law firm experience. As a Legal Assistant, you will work collaboratively to provide legal administrative support to the lawyers practicing in all areas of our litigation department. You will be responsible for a variety of legal administrative tasks requiring you to exercise judgment.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Scheduling trial dates, mediation, etc.
- Arrange court filings and application
- Track court dates and limitation dates
- Court document preparation
- Preparation of court applications, and trial briefs
- Drafting and preparing correspondence
- Maintain efficient file management and BF system
- Maintaining lawyer calendars
- Management of emails
- Understanding of BC civil litigation practices and procedures
- Familiarity with BC Supreme Court Civil Rules
- 2+ years of experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Strong client service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task & prioritize
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you are self-motivated, detailed oriented, highly organized, and possess strong communication skills you would be a strong candidate for this position.
The successful candidate will:
- Handle purchase, sale, refinance, and transmission files
- Handle all files start to completion
- Handle discharges, STC’s and holdbacks
- Maintain BF systems
- Respond to client inquiries
- Possess experience with Brief Convey, LTSA, BC Online, and ESILaw
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit applications to email@example.com. All applicants will remain confidential. We thank all applicants for their interest in our positions; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.