Paraplegia and Quadriplegia Lawyers
Paralysis is one of the most devastating, life-changing injuries we deal with, and one of the most costly. If the nerves that send signals to the spinal cord are damaged or severed, you may become paralyzed, unable to move limbs at all or unable to use them to any degree.
“Very pleasant and professional, highly recommended!”
~ Client, Chilliwack, BC
“Superior assistance and really great help.”
~ Client, Abbotsford, BC
“From my first contact Linley Welwood was efficient, pleasant and supportive.”
~ Client, Langley, BC
- 125+ years of combined experience in personal injury law.
- Friendly and approachable team of legal experts.
- Winning track record in personal injury law.
- Committed to the best solutions for our clients.
Schedule a consultation now Schedule a Consult
about paraplegia and quadriplegia claims.
- What do you need?
- Contact Linley Welwood LLP
What do you need?
Depending on your injury, you may have many costs and expenses, including:
- Personal counselling: You will almost certainly need help with the emotional effects of losing independence and redefining your sense of self and your personal relationships. The strain of dealing with chronic pain may also be emotionally draining.
- Family counselling: Your family may also need counselling. Your children and spouse will need to deal with a parent or spouse who can no longer do much of what they could do before. Although your lives can move forward and you will learn new ways of being part of your family, it will take time and effort on everyone’s part.
- Future losses: Depending on your career, you may not be able to do what you did before. For some jobs, retraining and adaptation of the workplace may be relatively simple. For others it may be impossible. A writer, for example, may have an easier time adjusting to the loss of mobility than a professional athlete would.
- Adaptation devices: There are now many devices available to help persons with paraplegia perform activities with their arms and become independent again. However, it may be fairly costly to modify your vehicle and home to make them accessible to you, and you may need to move. The cost of wheelchairs and other assistive devices can also be higher than expected.
- Personal care: Independence can be a challenge for clients who have become quadriplegic. You may require hiring somebody to help you for some of your daily needs. You will also require extensive help to keep your body healthy despite lack of mobility. The costs of personal assistance, assistive devices and lifelong physical therapy can be high.
Contact Linley Welwood LLP
Don’t deal with paraplegia or quadriplegia claims alone. At Linley Welwood LLP, our personal injury lawyers deal with both complete and incomplete paralysis, of all limbs or only the legs. We don’t just deal with your immediate physical injuries but with your long-term needs as well as your family’s.
Our personal injury lawyers help clients suffering from paraplegia and quadriplegia in Abbotsford and surrounding areas. If you have any questions about paraplegia claims or quadriplegia claims, please call us at 604-850-6640 or fill out our online form.
Important insights on paraplegia & quadriplegia claims.
Check out all of our articles on our full blog.