Psychological Injury Lawyers
Accidents are traumatic in some way. Even if there is no permanent damage, the shock of an accident itself and the pain of recovery, can cause psychological trauma that can last long after the rest of your life is back to normal. Nightmares, panic attacks and feelings of sadness and hopelessness are not uncommon.
“Very pleasant and professional, highly recommended!”
~ Client, Chilliwack, BC
“Superior assistance and really great help.”
~ Client, Abbotsford, BC
“From my first contact Linley Welwood was efficient, pleasant and supportive.”
~ Client, Langley, BC
- 125+ years of combined experience in personal injury law.
- Friendly and approachable team of legal experts.
- Winning track record in personal injury law.
- Committed to the best solutions for our clients.
Schedule a consultation now Schedule a Consult
about psychological injury claims.
- Light in the darkness
- Contact Linley Welwood LLP
Light in the darkness
We have a number of trusted medical professionals to refer to, who can help both with your recovery and with getting the proper compensation for psychological damage from an insurance company. Our personal injury lawyers, staff and medical professionals can help with:
- Diagnosis: Clients often suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), particularly after a serious accident that involved family members. Many also suffer from anxiety, especially over the future. For many clients who are seriously injured, disabled or dealing with chronic pain injury or brain damage, depression can also make recovery more difficult.
- Treatment: Many of our clients need help to deal with their emotional symptoms. It does not help when family, friends, insurance agents — and sometimes even injured clients themselves — seem to believe that all that’s needed is to “get over it” and “be strong.” We can help you connect to professionals who will help you make progress.
- Compensation: You may be unable to concentrate or control your emotional reactions. You may suffer memory problems. This may interfere with your ability to go to work at all, or to work full-time at your pre-accident level. Your personal life may also be affected, if you are unable to care for your family and have to hire help. We can quantify your losses and expenses, and claim for them.
Contact Linley Welwood LLP
Linley Welwood’s psychological injury lawyers are familiar with the kind of devastating emotional after-effects of accidents. We’re familiar with how they can impact your health and recovery.
We’re also familiar with the difficulties that accident victims can face when trying to get compensation for psychological damage and emotional challenges after an accident.
If you have any questions about compensation payouts for psychological injuries or if you have suffered psychological injury from an accident, call our Abbotsford office at 604-850-6640 or fill out our online form to set up a consultation.
Important insights on psychological injury claims.
Check out all of our articles on our full blog.